Oglethorpe is committed to student success. Few of today’s careers existed 10 or 20 years ago. New academic programs and fields of study are emerging, requiring deep disciplinary knowledge and broad liberal arts thinking. We need to push forward to accommodate current and emerging programs, technology and innovation. Students need 21st Century skills for today’s complex world.
Academic program growth for 2018-2019
- New Track in the Studio Art Major: Filmmaking, Video, and Photography
- Reformulation of the Communication and Rhetoric Studies Major into Communications Studies Major: New Canonical/Trackless Major + Addition of Three Tracks
- Merging of the two previous options in the Writing Minor into one new Writing Minor
- Reformulation of the Women’s and Gender Studies Minor into the Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Minor
- Addition of English as a Second Language Pathway Program Courses